Saturday, April 5, 2008

Granddaughter's Christmas 2006




Well, here I am again, I can't seem to stop. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I'm about to run out of things to write about and it's only my second day. I'm the queen of squares, and I'm hoping that I will get out of my comfort zone. I have a feeling that the Orange Crush is going to help with that problem. I'm still working on the Carolina Crossroads (my version of it) and it has been mostly squares again, but tiny ones, so still a challenge. For Christmas a couple of years ago I made quilts for all my granddaughters, and yes they were all charm squares. In my defense, I did have six of them to do, so quick and easy was my excuse. I also make rectangles, quite a stretch. For the past 4 years I have made pillowcases for family children, and have probably made about 125 all together. They are kind of like potato chips, and I make the ones that start out a tube and end up all finished even without the serger. It's almost like magic.

No comments: