Friday, May 3, 2013

Good Times

It's back to normal life now, our friends have come and gone and we had a lovely visit.  We ate, relaxed by the lake, ate some more, went to SeaWorld, and ate and ate.  We did get in a little sewing, we ladies both made little Scotty dogs while the guys visited, but I have to admit that hers turned out better than my poor little guy.  It was fun though, and I like him even if he does have an elderly wrinkly behind, and slightly crooked legs and head.   I had cut them out and made several kits about 3 years ago or so and it was nice to finally get a couple of them made.   SeaWorld was great, they hadn't been before and we got to see about 4 shows.  It was overcast and sometimes drizzly, but we were grateful that it wasn't steaming hot.   We had really good seats at Shamu Stadium, the best we've ever had, and the shows were awesome.   It was hard to see them go, we haven't seen much of them over the years, but have considered them our really good friends for over 40 years, they introduced us to our church. 

His birthday was Sunday, Kaylea's was this past Monday, and Micah's and mine were yesterday, so my daughter and her husband had a family gathering at their house.  It was a very nice last evening before they had to go.  I think three birthday cakes is really going above and beyond.  Our friend had his birthday cake before they came, but we still celebrated his birthday, too.  
PS.   Since we were both sewing, I first got out my Janome Platinum, and the foot pedal was having issues (they have been long time and I've read on the net that it's not uncommon for them to keep sewing after you let off the pedal.  I ordered a new pedal today, and I certainly hope that it resolves the issue as it has had it since almost the beginning after I purchased it.  If not, I think Janome is going to get a letter from me about my unhappiness  I had tinkered with it a few months ago and thought that the problem was resolved, but uh-uh), so I got out my Featherweight.  I remembered from over 40 years ago that when we sewed together she had a really cute little black machine, and I was right, it was a Featherweight.   Anyway, I've had mine for several years, but it has been mostly a decoration and it was nice for someone who knew how to use them to plug her in and give her a little workout.  I was happy to see that she purred right along.  

4 comments:

Aussie Nanna said...

Firstly - Happy Birthday Candace!
I am so pleased you had such a lovely visit with your dear friends :)
Who made the wonderful birthday cakes??

~Niki~ said...

I made that same exact scottie dog for my son a few years ago for xmas.

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Candace, and I was so pleased to see you writing that things 'were back to normal'. It's a long time since you've had anything approaching normal, so fingers crossed that it lasts for a while. What a cute scotty dog, I've seen patterns for these often but never got round to making one.

andsewon said...

Happy Birthday! Sweet Scotty! Looks fine to me. Love your quilt cake! That is so cute! Do hope that new pedal works for you.