Thursday, May 16, 2013


I have started gathering fabrics for my Fat Quarter Shop Deck-ade the Halls.  The back row is the figures.  They have 3 light greens, 3 reds and 3 turquoise blues, I had to substitute 2 blacks and a dark green (1, 4 and 7), 3 reds (2, 5, and 8) and 2 greens and a partially green with red (3, 6, and 9).   Their inner border and binding is red, mine is red peppermints with a black background, and their outer border is a small print with all their colors, mine is the musical fabric.  I'm 2 inches short on the musical fabric of what they say it requires, but if worse comes to worse there will be some kind of corner treatment added.  
PS  I'm thinking now that to keep with their 3 of each color that I'll swap the dark green, fabric number 1 on the top row,  for the black with peppermints, change fabric number 2 on the top row to be the inner border, make fabric number 9 on the top row a red, and still bind it in the black with peppermints.  Oh, and then fabric number 1 on the top row, the dark green, can be one of the 3 greens.  Clear as mud in my mind.
This is theirs and I think that it is adorable.  I think that with my colors it will still be good.  I got the required amount of background (Kona White) with a gift card from Hobby Lobby, and the inner border and binding fabric with a gift card from Joann's.  I think that if I use the fabrics that I've pulled, this will be a very efficient use of my Christmas stash and gifts from my grandson. 

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

I want to sew this one too, but I'm going to make it up as I go along! Which just means I don't have a plan!