I've been tagged by Wendy to give you 7 Random or Weird things about me.
Here are the rules:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3 Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
Here are Seven Random or Weird Facts About Me:
1. I only have 2 children, but they both believed in large families, so I have 14 grandchildren. My daughter has 6 children, 5 boys and a girl, and my son has 5 by his first marriage, 3 girls and 2 boys, and 3 in his second marriage, a step-daughter, a stepson, and a baby girl who is 2 now.
2. I spend way too much time on my computers, I have a desktop and a laptop. I read and read about quilting, and don't get nearly as much done as I should because of it.
3. I'm scared of dogs. My mother was terrified of them, and passed it down to me. I didn't want my children to have the same fear, so I tried to hide it, and so they have a respect of them, but not a fear. There are so many animal lovers who quilt that I'm sure that seems awful to them, but I can't help it. I like them, I'm just afraid of them. I even like to watch the Westminster dog show on TV.
4. If I am down in the dumps and see a baby, it cheers me up and makes me happy. Even the pictures of grandchildren and nieces and nephews on my screensaver can do the trick. Their cute little innocent faces make it hard to stay grumpy or sad.
5. I buy too much on HSN and QVC. I am not out of control, but I have to watch myself.
6. My mother lived with me for 20 months and wrote about 30 poems, which I feel are kind of a legacy, and gave her a way to get things out of her system, but I have never written a poem. I don't know if I have one in me.
7. I used to have quite a few family (extended family, too) parties, and enjoyed it, and hope to start again. Unfortunately though, I have a pattern.First I want to have it, then when I am in the thick of it, I think why did I do this, then I enjoy it again. I don't like to hurt people's feelings, but somehow I always seem to say something that I am afraid may have. So the last 2 steps are usually laying awake worrying about it, and then calling them on the phone to apologize and explain.
I am now about to become the "dreaded" blogger, as I have to find 7 people to tag. I can see that I will be lying awake worrying if I've made anyone mad at me.
Also, I'm feeling proud of myself. I just did my first link.
I am tagging the following people:
Renee who just got a great new Bernina with BSR.
Angela who is a runner just like Wendy who tagged me.
Donna who is a new blogger like me.
Suze who is the same age as I am.
Linda C. who is also the same age as I am, but is much more experienced at quilting and needle work.
BitnByAQuiltingBug Regina, who has beautiful quilts and delicious looking bean soup and home made bread.
Roslyn who has cut and organized her fabrics. They look beautiful, and I hope to do the same.