Showing posts with label Deck-ade the Halls. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Deck-ade the Halls. Show all posts

Friday, November 29, 2013

Deck-ade the Halls Finished

Deck-ade the Halls is done.  The picture below has crazy colors, but you get the idea. 

Add caption

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Deck-ade the Halls Flimsy

Our company is out of town until the week-end, so I put together my Deck-ade the Hall quilt.  It's a flimsy now.  I hope to have it completed by the middle of November, and ready for display in my living room by the first of December.  It's really starting to feel like the holiday season. 

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Deck-ade the Halls - Cozy Cocoa Mugs

The cocoa cups are done, and it's a good thing they were saved until last.  None of the steps were hard, but this was the most tedious and it might have caused some of us to give up.  I'm tempted to go ahead and see about assembling it, but I'll wait, just to make sure that I don't goof something up.   I have plenty to do in the meantime. 

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Deck-ade the Halls - Trim the Tree

Only have the cocoa mugs and the assembly to go now.  I should have a new Christmas quilt with any luck.  I made two of these panels, the other one I'm going to use as a backing on my fall door hanging.  I just can't pass up the opportunity for making it reversible.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Deck-ade the Halls - Another Step Done

All the steps together, in no particular order.  Just the cocoa mugs left, and then it is on to borders and finishing.   Hopefully on the back of my couch for Christmas. 

And the wreaths by themselves.  My middle bow doesn't show up very much, especially in the picture, but I'll live with it. 

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Deck-ade the Halls Step Done

It's about time to start the baby quilt, I think that I'm caught up for now. 

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Step 4 - Done

Not my favorite, but fun to make. 

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Deck-ade The Halls - Step 3

This is going to be such a cute quilt.  So far, the gingerbread men, the stars and the ornaments, and each step just gets cuter.    It has been pretty easy, just have to get organized and it's like putting a puzzle together.   Monday DH had his skin cancer surgery on his lip, and he has been very miserable.  Hopefully, each day will get a little better.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Deck-ade the Halls - Step 2

These cute little stars were fun to make.  I had planned on doing them when the step came out, which was Monday, but Thursday isn't too bad.   I think that it's going to be a very cute quilt, even with my deviations in fabrics. 

Friday, June 7, 2013

A Little Progress and Plans

I pretty much wasted 2 days watching quilting videos (they're like potato chips) and playing on the computer, but this morning I got some cutting done.  I'm ready now to start sewing on the Craftsy Re-piecing the Past, the Craftsy 2012 BOM, the OKCMQG BOM, the Sugar Block Club BOM and the Craftsy 2013 BOM.   It would be really nice if I were to have them finished by Monday and then I could concentrate on the Deck-ade the Halls step 2 and maybe have the rest of the month to concentrate on the Quilty Barn Along and making a topper for my husband's dresser. 

Friday, May 31, 2013

Deck-ade the Halls, Step 1

My colors are a big departure from the colors in the original quilt, and I loved the colors in the quilt here, but I'm using stash so mine will be very different, yet I hope, still very cute.  The colors are off here, the background is actually Kona Snow.   These were fun to make, time consuming, but easier than I had anticipated.  I did have to recut some because I read it wrong, and I had to do a little ripping, but that was carelessness on my part.  This is only step 1, so if you want to give it a go, the info is here.
PS.  In my haste , excitement, or carelessness, I'm not sure which, I left out the 2 strips between the gingerbread men.  I have since fixed it.  

Thursday, May 16, 2013


I have started gathering fabrics for my Fat Quarter Shop Deck-ade the Halls.  The back row is the figures.  They have 3 light greens, 3 reds and 3 turquoise blues, I had to substitute 2 blacks and a dark green (1, 4 and 7), 3 reds (2, 5, and 8) and 2 greens and a partially green with red (3, 6, and 9).   Their inner border and binding is red, mine is red peppermints with a black background, and their outer border is a small print with all their colors, mine is the musical fabric.  I'm 2 inches short on the musical fabric of what they say it requires, but if worse comes to worse there will be some kind of corner treatment added.  
PS  I'm thinking now that to keep with their 3 of each color that I'll swap the dark green, fabric number 1 on the top row,  for the black with peppermints, change fabric number 2 on the top row to be the inner border, make fabric number 9 on the top row a red, and still bind it in the black with peppermints.  Oh, and then fabric number 1 on the top row, the dark green, can be one of the 3 greens.  Clear as mud in my mind.
This is theirs and I think that it is adorable.  I think that with my colors it will still be good.  I got the required amount of background (Kona White) with a gift card from Hobby Lobby, and the inner border and binding fabric with a gift card from Joann's.  I think that if I use the fabrics that I've pulled, this will be a very efficient use of my Christmas stash and gifts from my grandson.