Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Tabbie's Sewing

I was quilting my Craftsy BOM when my granddaughter texted and asked me if I could help her make a wallet.  Of course, I said yes and did what I could to prepare for the next day.  In my previous post I added a picture of the bag we made and the outside of her wallet (here).   Here is the inside of her wallet.  It's not perfect, the pattern was not well written and had no pictures at all, so there was a lot of figuring out and a couple of mistakes that we had to get creative with, but all in all, it was a success.  She loves her bag and her wallet and thought that it was fun. 
While we were at Joann's buying zippers, interfacings and such she decided that she would like to make a Christmas gift for her friend.  Her friend likes camo and the Georgia Bulldogs, so I suggested a fleece throw.   That appealed to her so we looked at fabrics and while we were looking for fabric for the binding, she changed her mind and decided she'd like to make a quilt instead, like the one her mother had made for her husband.  Same pattern, but big difference, he's a Florida Gator fan, a big rival of the Bulldogs.   She had two days off, the first day was wallet and bag and the second day was quilt.  She still has one border to add and binding to prepare, and I have a label to add to a sheet that we chose for the back, and then we'll be able to baste.  I'm hoping her next day off that we will get to that point and then I'll quilt it for her, she'll come back and attach the binding, a wash and a dry and her friend will be opening her Bulldog quilt in the middle of some die hard Gator fans on Christmas. 

No comments: