Thursday, January 10, 2013

Another BOM and RSC - Pink




This is the January Block of the OKC Modern Quilters Guild I think that it was supposed to finish at 12.5 x 12.5, but I came up short on the sides and had to trim it to 12 x 12.  Oh well, I'll deal with it in the coming months when I see how I mess up then, lol. 


I decided that it would be better to try to make 3 blocks a month for Angela's ScrapHappy Saturday, Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013, so I added the block on the bottom.   That would yield 36 blocks and a 72 x 72 quilt to start with and I can go from there with borders.  Or I could go 5 x 7 and a 60 by 84 to start with.  I have almost a whole year to decide.  

01-11-2013  While I was in the pink, I thought that it would be fun to do some little 16 patch blocks.  To me they are versatile blocks and hopefully, I'll come up with something rainbowy by the end of the year.
I know a lot of people don't like pink, but I've decided that pink makes me happy. 
I'm still short one block that I hope to do this year, it's the Civil War quilt on Craftsy "Repiecing the Past", with Kaye England.  I have tried to watch the video 3 or 4 times now, she's very interesting, but she is very detailed.  I have tried to wait until after watching TV with my husband and then watch it on my Ipad.  Big mistake, I keep falling asleep.  Today, after DH's doctor appointment, maybe I'll watch it on my computer, get the block done, and then back to my Scrap Vomit and my Easy Street.  It would be nice to start the year off with two pretty new quilts for the beds in my home.
It's time again for Angela's ScrapHappy Saturday - Dresses in Pink Make Boys Wink - Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013.  Go here to see more.

 

14 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

A fabulous project for scrappy saturday!

Elly D said...

Oh I just love your pink fabrics!! And these blocks are so delicious too. I am drooling!!

Amanda said...

I really like your first block, especially the grey background. I made the first block for the Sugar Block Club and hated it so I'll have to try again.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great blocks for the scrappy challenge and also your Guild block is neat!

Deb A said...

I like your thinking on doing 3 each month to get a good size quilt. I think you are correct on the 16 patches.... I think Quilter Kathy added flying geese on the sides and made some pretty stars one time. Lots of options with that block.

scraphappy said...

Pretty pink additions to your collection.

Sheila said...

That's a good plan. Will be a beautiful quilt in December. I know what you mean about those 16 patch blocks. They can go into a quilt top, back, pot holder, such versatile blocks to have made up.

Ellen said...

You have so many great pink fabric scraps!

Cathy said...

Cute blocks. I like looking at all the pink fabrics everyone has.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Fabulous blocks :D

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I think pink can be a fantastic color. I think of watermelons and fruit punches, picnics and those wonderful sunsets!

Edith said...

Lots of pretty pink things happening there, at least two quilts in the making!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great little 16 patches, I have some planned later this month. Good looking BOM.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love pink and your blocks are wonderful! I'm trying to figure out how many blocks to make each month too... I'm using mine for Project Linus quilts.