Saturday, January 5, 2013

Easy Street Top Without Borders And With Borders, too.

It does look better in person, using my iphone, and poor lighting, but my constant doesn't show up too much and my scrappy is too scrappy.  I think when it is finished though that it will be pretty on the bed, and that is what I want it for is a bed quilt.
My design wall (piece of flannel) isn't very big as you can see.  I had to tape the corner to the other closet door and it is hanging on the floor.  

I wanted to see how it fits on my queen sized bed so far.

As you can see, without borders it is hanging pretty nicely down the sides.  I think that with the borders it will be ok on the sides even after quilting and washing. 

It hangs nicely on both sides and the bottom, but is only to the top of the mattress on the top side.  I like tucking length, so i will probably add something extra to the top and the bottom for extra length. 
Sunday 01-06-13  I got my borders added.  This is the top and bottoms, with a 1", 4" scrappy piano key, 2", and 6 " borders. 

The sides just have the 2" and 6" borders.  The binding will be the brown with blue flowers that is in the center bottom full brown square.  Now to do the binding and put this aside for awhile while I catch up on other things quilty and not quilty.  
For more Easy Street progress visit Bonnie's Quiltville here.
As always the mystery is one of the highlights of the season, Bonnie never disappoints.  Thank you to Bonnie for another wonderful mystery and lovely pattern.  

18 comments:

Quilting Nonnie said...

Candace, I love your version of Easy Street! The colors are great. I especially like your blue neutral, especially the ones with the squiggly lines. Thanks for sharing!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love it, your are so far ahead of me...still working on the 16 blocks. Loved your colored units and they are gorgeous all put together. Good job!

Ginny said...

This looks terrific! I was thinking of setting my Easy Street blocks straight, rather than on point. I really like it. Great job!

Teresa said...

A scrappy quilt is always so cozy and comfy looking. I think it is a great quilt!

Linda said...

I love your Easy Street! A scrappy delight. Looks wonderful on the bed.

Angie said...

Candace, I love your Easy Street! You picked some wonderful colors. I like the pink outer sashing with the lovely blue border. I'm still stitching on mine. (sigh)

CraftyGardenMom - Tanesha said...

Your quilt and color choices are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl Willis said...

I love, love, love this top! If I didn't know better I would think it was the inspiration piece for Bonnie' Mystery- lol

Jo said...

Love it!! You are so right. Bonnie never does disappoint!!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Love it, your quilt is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I love how you added length with the extra borders, and the whole quilt looks gorgeous on the bed!

Andee said...

This really looks great..I was not sure how yours would come out with the blue lines in the white fabric...I love the unique look of it! Really nice job!

hueisei said...

I love your version.

Kathy in Guanajuato City, Mexico said...

Candace...Your quilt is my favorite by far. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!! It is a perfect scrappy quilt. :-)

Linda in NC said...

I LOVE your scrappy Easy Street! Wonderful colors. It'll be such a happy quilt to sleep under. Good job!

Beth in MN said...

Candace, What a lovely quilt. It has such a wonderful soft look. Your border ideas are great. This looks like a quilt to cuddle under when it is quilted.
Beth in MN

Barbara Sindlinger said...

love your blue background - nice job. I enjoyed this mystery a lot too.

Quilter Kathy said...

How can you possibly be done already?!?!
Amazing!