Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Craftsy Repiecing the Past - Civil War Blocks

Sorry about the bad lighting and the crooked photography.  The colors are dark, my light is too dark, but the first segment of the Craftsy Repiecing the Past - Civil War quilt is now done.  I think that my other blocks will lighten it up, red, green and cream will be added.    I'm trying to have different color schemes for the different BOM's that I'm working on so that it doesn't get too   boring.   I'm not a purist, I will be mostly using the fabrics that I have, for I use the term Civil War Quilt loosly.   The instructor is Kaye England, and it sure was hard to go by her instructions of not pressing, except for finger pressing until the block is complete.  I had to make myself not press. 
Tomorrow, my husband goes for his ablation for his heart and he will probably be in the hospital a day to two, so no more sewing for a few days.  

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Goodness, you have signed yourself up to a lot of work this year. I think I'd find it hard not to press as I went along too. I have enough difficulties being accurate and pressing frequently helps a bit. Best wishes to Ernie, and to you, for the next few days.

quiltmom anna said...

Hope that all goes well for Your husband. Wishing you and yours a very happY and Healthy 2013.
Warmest regards,
Anna

heyitskarla said...

I just signed up for Repiecing the Past, too. I watched the first video, but I haven't picked out fabric yet. Best wishes to your husband! I hope all goes well.