Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tender Index Finger

My great granddaughter and three of my great nieces could be here at the same time in July.  I made Mackenzie a new bigger quilt and I decided that my little nieces could have outgrown the quilts that I made for them, too.   I had three strippie quilts done in girlie colors and they had backs made but Mackenzie's quilt has a fleece back so is very cozy.  I couldn't really get enthused about doing more fleece quilt backs, but I think that flannel is also cozy so I went to Joann's and these are what I came up with.  Now they are basted and ready to be quilted.  The next problem is I still have those three backs.  I have an accuquilt go and a 2 1/2 inch strip die and it is kind of fun to do strips three at a time, so, I think that I will do 3 more strippie tops and use the backs.  I have a couple of people in mind for them and it would be nice to have a quilt in reserve for emergency gifting.  I seem to keep making projects for myself, but hopefully I will get to my other two ready to be basted  projects, my Orca Bay (Sunrise Sunset) and my paintbox quilt soon.  Meanwhile, my tender index finger can have a few days rest from basting while I get these finished and put away for gifting in July.   I know that the strippie quilts aren't popular with many quilters, but I guess for me this will be the year of the strippie since it looks like I'll be making six of them.  I'm still working toward quality over quantity, but it always seems like there is someone needing a quilt, lol. 

No comments: