Sunday, January 1, 2012

Is this What It'll Look Like

I hastily laid a few parts out before church this morning and I must say, it will be busy, but I think I'll like it a lot.  I want it to be a bit bigger for my queen sized bed, and so I think I'm going to add more borders.  Another plain, a piano key, and another plain.  Something like the one (a bigger view here) here.  I'll use a black print for the inner border that Bonnie has given us, and then I'm going to go mostly blues and purples for the other 3 borders.  I'm thinking blues (maybe predominently Kona Robin's egg) where the example in my link has white, and purples where they have multi colors.  Bonnie said this one is 74.5" x 84.5", so with my additions it should bring it up to about 92 x 102.  That would be a 2" border, 6" piano border, and another 3" border.  My Iowa (Carolina) Christmas is about 92 x 92, so I think that 92 x 102 would be about perfect.  I like the width on Iowa Christmas, but wish it was a bit longer.   Again, thank you to Bonnie for her generosity and another great mystery.  She never disappoints.   I'm so glad now that I've finished my Iowa Christmas that I've overcome my fear of bigger quilts and can make another for my bed.  The one I was using was smaller than I would like, and I'm ready for a little change. 

6 comments:

Linda said...

Yours will be wonderful! Still a lot of sewing to do.

Jan Maree said...

Connie I love it! Just gorgeous!!! This is going to look wonderful on your bed.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your blocks are fabulous...love that border too!

Michelle said...

Love it, and I know it will be gorgeous!

regan said...

Holy cow, Candace.....this quilt is fabulous! I was loving the colors you were using to begin with, but now to see it put together.....WOW! It's so GREAT! And I think your border ideas are perfect! Way to go!

Ellen said...

Love it! I may add a border as well because I would like mine for my bed too.