Monday, January 9, 2012

Is it a Conspiracy?

It's Monday and even though there isn't a Linky today, it seems like posting is a bit of a habit.  Besides, while I was working on this yesterday, I think I discovered a conspiracy.  I've read on different blogs estimates as much as 4400 pieces in this quilt, and where there are lots of pieces it's obvious that there are also little clingy threads.  I thought of wrapping some masking tape around my fingers, but that seemed like a lot of trouble, and then I remembered.  How many times have I seen pictures of cats on blogs, many times sitting on an ironing board.  I haven't got a cat or dog, but maybe threads and pets are somehow connected.  What if some of the "quilting ladies" have discovered that cats pick up threads and carry them off so that they can clean themselves as I've heard that cats do.  What if they are like big soft furry brillo pads when it comes to threads.  Maybe, dogs are similarly helpful, and take the threads outside and shake them off.   I've also noticed that many times these same "quilting ladies" have more than one pet, so I think that perhaps it is a conspiracy and they are trying to keep them all to themselves. 

10 comments:

LuAnn said...

Your Orca Bay is just gorgeous! I love the colors you used. Great "Bonnie" collage in your earlier post. I just became one of your followers today....I was sure I was one before....

Ellen said...

You are so funny! I really love your quilt top.

Amanda said...

The quilt looks lovely. And oh how I wish that were so, that cats and dogs were quilt friendly. I keep quilts on our beds to keep cat fur off the bedding, but then I have to keep washing the quilts to get rid of the cat hair, so my pretty quilts soon get faded. And don't suggest keeping the cat off the bed, that's far too difficult a task!

Chell said...

Aawwww, looking like a beautiful sunny day, full of color. Loving the border! BTW-I don't own a cat, but have a small dog that turns his nose up to quilting until they are done. A chocolate lab that loves being right there beside me. They love everything I do!!!

Gerda said...

Hi Candace, I love what the black border does for the quilt, it really is an asset to the "Bonnie" effect. You're fast ! Love the border!

Linda Lee said...

It is beautiful. I love your colors.

Jan Maree said...

I really do love this quilt. If it is too hard to get the threads off send it to me and i will do it and I promise i will send it back.....eventually

Kris said...

Lol! Interesting theory! Quilts and animal lovers do seem to go together. Love that quilt!

regan said...

I think you're right....I have no pets, and threads and dog ear clippings throughout the house! And yet, all those blog pics I see of pets with quilts....the rooms are spotless! Hmmmmmm! Yep...you're right! It IS a conspiracy! I think we need to go out right now and adopt a cat!

Amy said...

You make me laugh!