Monday, January 9, 2012

Two to Go

The last border really isn't green, it's predominantly turquoise, but I think that it's reading a green due to the poor lighting and the fact that there is a lot of metallic gold in it.  I still have my blue and purple piano border and my last plain border to go, and then the top will be finished.  I'll have a genuine flimsy. 

I haven't even started on my piano border though, so it may be a little while. 

Oh, I almost forgot.  I wanted to ask for advice if anyone has any to spare.  I'm getting a sewing table for my Juki in the hopes that my FMQ'ing (read here, meandering) will improve a bit if my quilts aren't catching on the extra protuberances of the sewing machine caused by it's not being set into the table.  I have seen the Gidget 2 That Leah Day sells and the SewEzi  if you have one of these please let me know how you like it, or if you have another suggestion, I'd love to hear it.  I need one about that size (small) as that is the amount of room that I have.

6 comments:

Amy said...

AMAZING top!
Since my Juki is on my quilting frame, I can't give you any advice for a table.

Jan Maree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan Maree said...

Still loving this quilt - the colours are just gorgeous and bright!

Ellen said...

Gorgeous - you are making such great progress!

Leeann said...

I have a sewezi and love it. Are you able to go and try the tables, maybe someone in your guild have them. I love my sewezi as it is very portable if I decide to move it up or down stairs, to a workshop etc. But it is still very stable (sew without bouncing)when set up.

Kay said...

Oh my gosh! That is absolutely spectacular. The colors and pattern are gorgeous! Wow!