Friday, May 2, 2008

Orange Crush Step 1

Yeah me! I have to have my little triumphs when I can, so even though I am still 2 steps behind, Yeah me!
I have them (the step 1 blocks) 25 to a ziploc bag, and they aren't as scrappy as I would like, but they are done. This step made me aware that I am kind of light on lights, so I may need to get a few more for the next 2 steps. I did buy a bundle of fat quarters to use for the scrappies, but now I decided to possibly save them to make another of the Crazy Big Blocks. I am trying to have a woman's and a man's quilt in reserve for things that come up, and maybe a baby quilt, too. The Crazy Big Block that I just made, and sent off to the quilter today was supposed to be my reserve ladies quilt, but it has somewhere to go. Now on to step 2, and the scary triangles. I am the queen of squares and rectangles, so this will be good for me. "When you're green you're growing, and when you're ripe you're rotting." or so my favorite saying goes. It helps me get through things that are outside my comfort zone.
My other favorite saying is Shakespeare I believe. "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." I think that is beautiful, although some days I feel like changing it to trust none.

3 comments:

Roslyn said...

Oh your blocks look so much more interesting than mine, my step three are frankly PEEEUUUWWW, IMHO ! But I am STILL trusting Bonnie to pull it all together wiith my the yardage.

sewbeezy said...

Congrats on finishing step 1!! They are very pretty.

Susan said...

Your blocks look great. I like your stash..........

I too am light on lights. Always have been. I keep buying lights and there never seems to be enough.