Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Collections and New Camera



My new camera came yesterday afternoon, and I now have it charged, and ready to go. It wasn't as easy as it should have been, as I had to redo the strap about 3 times due to getting it backwards, and not looking at the directions first. I say looking, as there was only a picture nothing written. I am very happy with it so far, but I have to try the macro again, as I wasn't too pleased with that, and that is one of the most important things in my opinion.
On Christine's blog Once upon a Quilt.... the other day, she shared her charming collection of honey pots in addition to some of her quilts, and I enjoyed the whole post so much that I thought I would practice with my new camera on some of my collections. I have been married for almost 44 years, so I have had a while to accumulate. The first is my collection of little glass chicken and bunny salt cellars. I love them, to me they look like little jewels. They were mostly all gifts from my mother, and a few from two of my aunts who were dealers at one time. I have quite a few more around the house in various places, even in my bathroom. They brighten my days. The second is most of my small collection of canning jars, which were my mothers and her mothers. My mother had given them to one of my aunts (one of the glass dealers) and she thought I would like to have them, and gave them back to me.
The last is a large part of my stoneware collection, mostly from Rowe Pottery Works, I love their product, and it is a bit expensive so it has taken me about 20 years to collect what I have. I will share some other collections at another time, I'm sure everyone has had enough for now. I enjoy my collections, even though they are dust catchers, but at this point there is no more room, so the acquisition part is finished, and just the dusting and enjoying part is left.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Your doing great with your new camera. I'm still learning with my new camera---I really need to remember to click the shutter part way down, letting it focus, and then complete the shutter click. I'm enjoying your photos of collectibles you have.

Rhonda said...

Congrats on your new camera! I really like your collections...especially the blue stoneware.