Friday, June 14, 2013

I Actually Started

I've been eying these barn blocks ever since I first saw one, and I've finally gotten my first one done.  I did a lot of the cutting yesterday, and then last night I needed to do the weeks pills, so I got up about 2:00am to get it off my mind.  While I was up I sewed the little 6 inch Weathervane block, and then this morning I finished it up.  I had diet coke with my dinner last night, big mistake, but ok since I got a lot done.  I still need to do the sashing, or frame, but I'm holding off to make sure I get fabric that I like for it.  It'll probably be white, but I just want to check things out a bit first to be sure. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love quilts with houses, or school houses, or barns, they seem so cosy and nostalgic. I have a pattern for a similar block which I've been saving; perhaps I'll get round to it some time.