Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Like It Better Now

I started to like it better when I was basting it and by the time I finished quilting it I actually downright liked it.   I think my quilts are kind of like my kids, I know their flaws, but I can't help but like (love in the case of my kids) them.   It's not bright and fancy, but sometimes men like plain better.

The dark brown back coordinates nicely I think, but it sure does pick up everything, and show everything.

The dark back also makes the label and tumbler strip show up better.   It's for a friend of the grandchildrens who just got his honorable discharge from the army this month.   I hope he likes it and isn't a quilt critic who can recognize all it's flaws.   If one of my children, this one may have been the black sheep, lol.
I linked up to Crazy Mom Quilts finish it up Friday.  Go here.

2 comments:

~Niki~ said...

very nice, lovely.

Glinda ♥ said...

Really like the dark back, great quilt :)