Monday, July 27, 2009

Five Down! On to the Borders

I'm keeping my nose to the grindstone, I almost feel like Amy or Soscrappy who get 'so' much done. I have my five tops ready for borders, the red strips and then each boy will have a different five inch border. The leftovers from the blocks I have cut out three and a half inches wide and I'm going to sew them together and put a pieced border on the top and bottom of each quilt. Then it's on to backs and embroidering names and I'll be getting closer and closer.
My grandson was over yesterday and he liked what he saw, so hopefully they will be a hit. I don't know if I'll be finished when they all get here, but I'm sure going to try.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, you have been working hard. Isn't it a great feeling when you get to the binding, and know you're nearly done.

Julie said...

I love this mixture of fabrics. So pretty!

scraphappy said...

You are getting so much done. It is fun to get a streak of motivation and be able to follow it through. Can't wait to see the finished quilts.

Margo in Maine said...

Go for it....motivation is a key...I am working on 2 grandsons quilts..promised when they graduated from HS...that was 3 & 5 years ago...great fabric...