Friday, July 10, 2009

First Shop Hop

The first picture below is my "free" booty from the 4 shop shop-hop that I went on a couple of days ago. It was $5.00 to go and you got the lanyard, then at each shop you got a pin, and if you spent $25.00 you received the free foundation panel. The little notepad was just a bonus from one of the shops.
The last shop of the day had thimbles of all the states which was great as one of the bloggers that I follow, Highland Quilter, has requested to exchange thimbles from different areas. That's why there are 2 Florida's, one for her and one for me.




A few months ago, when I took a class at our local quilt shop, I bought a Creative Grids ruler and it has become my favorite. It's a 24 1/2 by 6 1/2, so at 2 different shops I got a 7 1/2 square and a 12 1/2 by 6 1/2. Sometimes the long one is just too long to work with, and I got the square one with the idea of using a method that I found for quick 9 patches.
I thought that these fabrics would be a good start for some boys quilts. If I go through with my good intentions, I will need 4 or 5 of them to go with the 2 girl quilt tops that I have made. My niece has 4 more children that would like quilts, and if I do those I have a nephew and possibly two grandsons who will feel slighted without one too. They would be simple ones, but that's ok as they would be given no mercy and used a lot.











5 comments:

Susan in SC said...

I love the fabric that you selected to start your quilts. Makes me want to get my fabric out and start a quilt myself!

Teresa said...

I just love rulers and am tempted to buy every new one I see, but I have never purchased a creative grid one - so I will have to be on the lookout for that.

Nice fabrics!

Cathy said...

Hi Candace, Love all of your fabrics! The thimbles look terrific!! Cathy

Marie said...

Glad you went on the shop hops, i have been a couple of times and they were alot of fun to see all the different ones. Like you new vacum too. Have a good Sunday. Hugs, Marie

Anita said...

Very nice selection of fabrics for your quilts. I actually managed to sew for a little while this week. Looking forward to seeing the quilts you make.