Monday, June 30, 2008

Anniversary, Ikea, and Mail

Yesterday was my DH and my anniversary, but he wasn't feeling too well, so we decided to celebrate today instead. First we went and had lunch at Bahama Breeze, which was delicious as always and then we went to Ikea, as they were having their first sale ever since they opened in Orlando. The sale was a disappointment, but I did make a few purchases. The sale things that I got were the potholders 2 for .99 cents, and the fabric. Has anyone used the cotton fabric from Ikea. I hope that it is good, as I got 10 yards. it is 59 inches wide, and was on sale for 1.99 and I thought that it would make a nice backing on girly quilts. The little clock was 2.99, and I needed one in front of my sewing machine, so far so good it has run for about 3 hours, and the wooden box is for my paper storage by my printer.



When I got back home I had finally gotten my package from Connecting Thread. I have heard good things about their thread so I'm going to give it a try, and I got the yellow gingham for a baby quilt.
I haven't given up on my Orange Crush. I haven't exactly been keeping my shoulder to the wheel, but I have gotten my borders cut out, and my little extra blocks almost finished sewing together to use in the border. I'm almost ready to sew the borders on.



13 comments:

Gina said...

I have used IKEA cotton for backings and for making up cushions. I've never had a problem with it.

Love and hugs xxx

Rhonda said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

I did not know that Ikea sells fabrics, but then again we don't have an Ikea close by.

Amy said...

Yes, I heard through the rumor mill (Amanda) that it was your anniversary! Happy belated----How many years???

*chuckle*
I know someone else joked about this on Quiltville chat, but.....yet again I am reminded: I wonder how many orders Connecting Threads received over the past week or so due to Quiltville? I ALSO ordered a box of threads, and so far, seems great. Their verigated threads go a loonnnnng time before changing to the next color---that's my only little "complaint" so far.

Happy July 1st!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you managed to get out to celebrate your anniversary - 44 years is some achievement. You must have been so young when you got married. I went to Ikea some time back intending to look at material, but got so confused and tired i gave up. I must have another go some time. I've now bought the wadding for my Strawberry Crush, so no excuses here either now!

Lurline said...

Mmmm! Nice day shopping, Candace and nice postal delivery.
'Bye - Lurline.

~Niki~ said...

Happy belated Anniversary! Sounds like it was a good day.

scraphappy said...

I'll have to try the Ikea fabric the next time I head in that direction.

SueR said...

Happy Anniversary, Candace! You have some lovely things from Ikea. I never knew they sold fabric either. I'm interested to know what you think of the thread from Connecting Threads, haven't tried it and am wondering specifically how linty it is. We are in just the same boat with the Orange Crush. I've stalled temporarily, but I'll get back to it!

Susan in SC said...

What beautiful fabric you got from Ikea. I'm jealous! Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby. I hope you have many more to follow!

Susan Freebery said...

I didn't know that Ikea had fabric! I am going to have to drive over there and check it out. You always get such cool things there.

Anita said...

Sorry I am late in wishing you a Happy Anniversay. Looks like you had a good day. We will have our 42nd the end of September.
Anita

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a GREAT day.

I have never heard of Ikea, so I can't help you there.

Hope you have a GREAT 4th!

Donna

jenclair said...

Our nearest IKEA is in Houston - not nearly close enough! I'm interested in what you think about Connecting Threads.

Happy Anniversary!