Thursday, July 17, 2008

More Gnomes

Today was haircut day, and then as I had ordered two "hen and chicks" plants
(Echeveria) I needed to get a pot to plant them in. I had gotten a little gnome on a nail for my avacado tree pot, and liked it so decided to go to Target as that is where they came from. Fortunately, when I got there they had their gnomes for 75 percent off (yeah), and they were out of gnomes on a nail, but they did have mushrooms on a nail (also 75 percent off), so I got two, one for my ginger, and one for my hen and chicks.

I have two other gnomes with a gardening theme, so decided to get these two with the birdwatching theme. These remind me of my father-in-law, who passed away about 7 years ago. He was a real nature boy, and loved his garden and the birds. I was quite happy, as I got forty-eight dollars worth for twelve dollars. I would definitely say that my screened in porch has a gnome theme now.
I have a brown thumb, but am getting a little proud of myself, as I have kept my lucky bamboo alive and thriving for about a year and a half, my orchid for about 3 months, and grew my avacado tree from a seed and have kept it alive for about a year now. I hope that I have good luck with my new plants, too. Hey, it's a beginning.


5 comments:

Julie said...

I wonder if my Target (in Auburn, Alabama) has these gnomes? So cute! I have hens and chicks and I love them. It is fun to share them - there are so many different varieties. My favorite is a "black" one - really purple. I am always trading them with friends.

Gina said...

Love the gnomes and mushrooms. Good luck with your plants.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Amanda said...

I look forward to seeing pictures of your porch - the gnomes are obviously turning your brown fingers green.

Kay said...

These are really fun, Candace. Those gnomes really have personality.

flavio brasil said...

very interessante