Sunday, July 27, 2008

Donna's Beautiful Quilt Arrived

Yesterday was a wonderful mail day. I got this squishy envelope, which I instantly knew what was inside, but controlled myself a bit, so I could share. My instinct was ooh, ooh, ooh, and rip, rip, rip, but I slowed down, and grabbed my camera instead. Even the paper was special, as Donna from Donna's - In The Attic had scanned the label fabric and used it for a cover letter. That and her pretty card just added to the anticipation.





As you can see, the quilt is even more exquisite than the letter and if you were in person, you could see that it is even more beautiful than the pictures. The label is beautiful (how does she write so tiny and so neat) the fabrics are beautiful, and the quilting is perfect. My husband was nice enough to hold it up for me, so I could get the entire quilt, front and back.



I thought it looked pretty on the back of the family room couch, but when I went in my sewing room I realized that I couldn't see it, so I went and got it and put it at the end of the bed. It looks pretty there too. I'm not sure yet where its actual home will be, but it is so pretty that it will look nice anywhere. I think that I am very very fortunate indeed, and it will always be treasured.

5 comments:

Sweet P said...

That is a gorgeous quilt! You are one lucky lady!

I love your thread rack. What a neat way to store your thread.

SueR said...

A very pretty quilt, Candace, and it does look so nice on your sofa. Your thread rack is great.

Rhonda said...

Lucky you! It's a beautiful quilt!

Perry said...

What a lovely quilt! I think it looks great on the sofa. Congratulations!

Helz said...

Just Gorgeous Candace... could see how much you enjoyed opening that parcel !!!