Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Second Batch of Bow Ties and DH Update

I'm trying to get a little ahead, as my usual modus operandi is to be perpetually behind.  I tried to do a little fussy cutting on these, on the seals and polar bears, the army and the purple goldfish.  Now, to do some housework and then I hope to start working on RRCB number 2.   Just an update on my husband.  Yesterday we got up at 3:45 to be across town for his heart cath. at 7:00 am.  We got there at 6:45 and the nurse said she needed to check with the Dr. as his creatine levels were very high on his last bloodwork, indicating that his kidneys weren't doing well.  He has had kidney stones for probably 40 years, and we knew that his kidneys had damage, but they had gotten quite a bit worse since his last blood test in June.  The Dr. said that his heart cath. wasn't an emergency and he needs to go to a nephrologist  to see about getting his levels better and then reschedule.  Anyway, we were on our way home by 7:00.  He did say that we could go ahead if we wanted to, but that they use iodine which isn't very kidney friendly so he could end up on dialysis, not a very hard decision to make.                               

7 comments:

Michele said...

Love the bow ties! Sorry to about the delay with the heart cath.....I hope things go better.

Amanda said...

I bet that was a bit frustrating having got up so early, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Best wishes.

Susan said...

Oh Candace, that is so very hard for both of you.....

Prayers still being offered up for you....

Perry said...

Hang in there Candace! It is hard to have to go through all of this for the two of you. I will keep you in my prayers. Love your bow ties!

Anita said...

Candace,

Very nice bow tie blocks. I admire you starting a second RRCB I'm still trying to get one finished. Hope your dh can get his levels down so everything else will work out.

Ellen said...

Sorry to hear about the delay of the heart cath - hopefully his kidneys will get all sorted out quickly. Your bowties look wonderful.

scraphappy said...

Sorry to hear about the frustrating doctors trip, but glad to hear they decided against the procedure. Hopefully his levels will improve. Your bowties are looking great. I love the setting.