Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Keeping Up

Second week, second set of blocks.  Check.   Keeping up to date with Crazy Mom Quilts quilt along.

At least one bow tie block done a day.  Check.  Fourth batch of blocks done.  Sixty-eight done, seventy-two left to go, "but" they are cut out and waiting for me.   DH had his heart cath on Monday, and did well.  One blockage, but not bad enough to do any surgery.  We'll find out more next Monday when we go to the surgeon about his leaky valve, and a few days later when we go to his follow up appointment with his cardiologist.   Oh, I have my cheddar fabric, but I haven't started my cheddar bow ties yet.  That one, with Bonnie Hunter, doesn't really have a set time line, so I'm not officially behind, but I need to get started.  Oh well, two out of three, not bad, and usually I'm worse.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah on the 36-patches (although CrazyMom titled her post 'week 3' ???)

Yeah on the bow-ties! Those are FUN!!!

And a BIG YEAH on DH's heart cath :0)

Anita said...

You are doing better than I am. I did two of the 36 patch just to see if I like them. I do and I'm itiching to make more. I've got some cheddar material ordered so that will be started one of these days. I do think I may be making a slightly larger block on that one. We'll see. Good news on your dh hope it continues.

scraphappy said...

Great work on the 36 patches! Looks like you are going to have bow tie overload. I've got my cheddar squares prepped and am reisisting the urge to sew them all together now. I guess that would defeat the purpose of having leaders and Enders:(

Quilter Kathy said...

You are doing great! That 36 patches looks like a great stash buster!

Amanda said...

It looks as if you're having a fairly settled time - DH's appointments apart - and getting some sewing done. I'm just about to start making some bow tie blocks, I found a pattern in a magazine and it seemed a good one for using up scraps.

Ellen said...

You are doing a great job keeping up. I really like your bowtie quilt! Glad to hear hubby's doing well.

Susan said...

I am glad see that at least one of us is making progress.

The news on DH is encouraging. Still praying......

regan said...

All of your blocks are looking great! And I haven't started the cheddar bowtie yet, either! No worries....no deadline! Yay!

Marie said...

Happy for the news on your hubby. yoUr in our prayers. On Mon I will be seeing an orthopedic surgeon to see if he can take out the knee that was put in 2004 as it is so messed up and I am having a time walking and bending, keeping my fingers crossed. I love all that you doing. Keepup the good thoughts. Hugs, Marie