Thursday, September 23, 2010

Quilting in Bulk













I've been working on my Manly Quilts and have all the tops done and the bindings prepared.   Now on to the backs, labels, batting, basting, quilting, and bindings again.   Hey, this sounds like work, lol.

I changed the template on my blog and picked the books as I recently got one of the new more inexpensive Kindles.   I have read 3 books so far and am enjoying it a lot.   I probably have about 75 books on it now and have spent less than 5 dollars on books.   If only I could stay awake better, I could have probably read 10 books, lol.   I take medication every day that makes me sleepy and at times I keep dropping my Kindle which wakes me up.  Getting older is truly not for the weak.

I also got a thank you card for my 3 day baby quilt.
   Thank you for being so thoughtful.
   Thank you so much for the quilt you made for Dominic.
   It is absolutely beautiful.
     -Sarah and Dominic
Luckily, she hasn't seen some of the "absolutely beautiful"  quilts made by so many in blogland.  If so, she would have had to say it was cute, lol.


9 comments:

Susan in SC said...

I wondered about the Kindles and if I would like reading from them. Sounds like a good thing.

Ivory Spring said...

Wow - how many quilts are there? Is that four total? You are amazing.

quiltmom anna said...

That looks like a wonderful set of quilts that you have going Candace- you sure are getting lots of quilting done these days. I am sure that Sarah and Dominic would love their quilt and think their quilt was the most beautiful no matter how many others they saw. They would know it was made with your love and your hand. Your quilts are beautiful- don't sell yourself short.
Regards, Anna

scraphappy said...

You are being so productive. What a great assembly line you have developed in making so many quilts. How great that they are being appreciated by their new owners.

Sharon said...

I think your 3-day baby quilt is wonderful! Dominic will love it.

You have been busy! Wow, four quilts getting done at once. Good for you! Good luck with getting the rest of it done.

Maggey and Jim said...

Your quilts are awesome and love the baby label..You are so generous and what a fast quilter..Thanks for sharing and love your new banner/layout.
Maggey

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow! You are being so productive over there! I'm drowning in UFO's over here!! LOL

Perry said...

I love my kindle! So glad you are using yours and enjoying it!

Billye said...

I too have wondered about a Kindle, but since I read in the tub a lot, it's not very practical for me! I love your blog (I really need to update the layout on mine!) and I think your quilts are AWESOME -- Congrats on getting so much done!