Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Little More Progress



 I have had distractions, but have gotten a bit done.  I have the backs made, just simple from sheets, the right for my brothers, flannel from Lands End and on the left for my nephew and grandson, 220 thread count from Target.  Quite a difference don't you think.  Not only that, I had looked up the dimensions on Lands End and cut the Target sheet first.   Unfortunately, Target's are 10 inches shorter and 10 inches skinnier.   A couple of extra seams, it would be farfetched to call them design elements, lol.  It's for a 22 year old single guy who lives with other guys and a dog.  I don't think he'll care too much.  All the names are machine embroidered on the backs, too.  The funny looking stuff is wash off stabilizer.
The picture below is all the parts assembled and ready to be put together.   Just need to get some finger cots to protect my right pointer finger from extreme pain (maybe a slight exaggeration) and I'll be ready to spend hours and hours basting.  Can you feel the love.  I'm anxious to get these done, as other projects are tempting me.   I need to keep on with my finish it up state of mind though, so I'll either bite the bullet and finish my monster quilt (Iowa Christmas) or finish up my Paintbox quilt.   The Paintbox quilt sounds like more fun, so that's probably what it'll be.

I had purchased a 30 yard roll of batting, and the last of these took the last and had to be pieced together with some leftover pieces.  I'm glad that it is getting used, but I sure hate to have to buy more.  The corner of my family room looks better though, lol.

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

Amazing how fast you can go through supplies when you are quilting in bulk. You are making great progress.

Anonymous said...

You seem extremly organized! I'm sorry that the sheets where too short though. They'll be nice when done!