Saturday, August 28, 2010

Misc.

My grandson was having a boys night out with his brothers, playing cards and watching fights, so DH and I got to have a visit from his wife and their baby, our great-granddaughter.

As you can see, she is a cutie, and is 8 months old already. She didn't smile at me once while I had the camera and was taking pictures, but she was all smiley most of the time while they visited.


















This morning I got to see my son and my youngest granddaughter. We took a class together at a nursery making a hanging cone basket. I didn't get a picture yet, but will try to include one in my next post. It is hanging in a tree in my backyard. Unfortunately, it tipped over in the car on the way home and we need to take the car to the carwash and use their vacumn.
I have the top done for my Crazy Mom Quilts white quiltalong quilt, now on to the borders and then a back and binding to make, and then my "favorite" basting. DH was kind enough to hold it up for me.



















I ordered some thread from J Hittle, they have very good prices, also got the bobbin holder from them, the bobbins and scissors are from Allbrands, and the fabric is from Hancock's of Paducah. My last 2 orders from Hancock's have been complete, maybe they have a better inventory system now, used to be if I got half I was lucky. It was a fun mail week. Nothing else coming now, although I am using up all my Kona Snow for the nine patch quilt, and may order a small stock of it if I find a bargain.



2 comments:

scraphappy said...

The nine patches look just great with the Kona Snow sashing. It is amazing how just a little bit of space to breath can make all the colors play nicely together. You granddaughter is a real cutie. It's so nice that you are able to spend some time with her.

Nanette said...

That's too bad your flower basket tipped over. Glad you were able to put it back together and still hang it! Your great granddaughter is beautiful! Love seeing the babies.
Valerie