Saturday, August 15, 2009

Miscellaneous


My niece and her children are safely back in Iowa and had a very nice vacation, I hope. A couple of the kids told me they can't wait until next year when they can come back, so I think that they enjoyed themselves. The last day they had to get up at 2:30 AM to catch their 6:00 AM flight, so I'll bet it felt really good to get home.
Rebecca read my blog post and the remarks about her home and she sent me this email:
"Dear Candace. I just got back from my dad's and was finally able to look at this email. You have no idea how you and your friends have made me feel. I have tears in my eyes!! Thank you so much for giving me this gift of kind words. Love, Becky Rebecca (either one is fine)"
She made my day with her kind words.
I forwarded the kind and complimentary posts about my brother's ruler rack to him and he was also touched, but told me that if I sent anymore he would get a big head.
The picture above is of the last blocks out of the seventy required for the Crazy Mom Quilts sew along. Yeah! Now, it needs to go back in the box until I get the 6 quilts finished for my grandson and nieces and nephews.
PS I was glad to see when my niece was here that she had brought the little girl quilts with her and the kids were using them. It warmed my heart.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Your nine patch blocks are looking good. Will they be simple to put together, or will you have to do something fancy and complicated? Isn't it great to know that quilts you've made are used and appreciated. I handed over my donation butterfly quilt yesterday, and my neighbour became quite tearful about it - hopefully because she liked it!!

Anonymous said...

Really i like your post...
its attractive....

___________________
Melvin
We do your Marketing for best sales

Michele Bilyeu said...

Hi Candace! I just discovered your blog and wanted to leave a little 'hello' as I found it all absolutely charming! I loved seeing such a wonderful variety of photos, events, people, places..things and quilting! As a lover of all things scrappy, I know I'll be back for many more visits!!!

T@iy@ said...

Hi Candace! Thanks for stopping by my blog... i thought I would answer your question here, as opposed to in my comments in case you didn't check back...

I have a Nikon N75 SLR(film) camera, and I have a Nikon D50 Digital camera. They discontinued the D50 to make a more expensive and a cheaper one(cheap as in $400-500 vs. the $600-700 that mine was). It is really a fantastic camera! I highly recommend Nikon...

Anonymous said...

Hello Candace,glad you niece and her children had such a lovely time with you....will be interested to see your Nine patch when it is completed...Warm Regards Lyn

Rhonda said...

awww... what a sweet post!
I love those 9-patches.