Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Detour

I've given up on my good intentions on the quilts. My brother is coming and will need the bed (I use the bed to lay out the spray basted quilts) and since I know that I couldn't finish 6 quilts in time, I decided to put them aside until after my niece's and my brothers visit and resume later. My niece will be here from tomorrow until next Thursday, and my brother will be here for the week-end. I'm doubly excited about my brothers visit as he is bringing me a goody. For one of his tables he had made a drawer that he wasn't happy with and I asked him rather than demolish it if he could put some notches in it and then I could use it for ruler storage. He got busy on it and improved on my idea with some additional supports down the middle and a super dooper hanging system, and he is bringing it with him. It is mahogany and even though it was originally a drawer and most of it was more roughly finished than the front of the drawer, I'm sure knowing him that it will be beyond my expectations. It will be so nice to get the rulers off my cutting-ironing table.In the meantime, I decided to work on my way behind Crazy Mom Quilts Nine Patch blocks. The 4 rows on the left are the ones I did yesterday, out of the material from the boys quilts. In each yard there was enough for the blocks for their quilts and one or two 2 1/2 inch strips. I now have 32 of the 70 blocks done, and hope to get more done today. They will be some crazy nine patches, florals and geometrics and camo, etc.



9 comments:

Gina said...

I love the idea of the ruler drawer. Please take photos.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

have a wonderful time with your brother..........your nine patches look good.........

Anita said...

I love doing nine patch swaps. Your quilt will be really scrappy when you get it done. I am so looking forward to being moved so I can get involved in some sewing things online again.

Lurline said...

Enjoy your lovely brother's visit and love your 9-patches!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Susan in SC said...

Lucky you with a talented brother who will make you things! I am jealous!! Love the 9 patch quilt pieces.

Teresa said...

I am so anxious to see what he came up with. Sounds like it will be great.

Margo in Maine said...

Enjoy your brother's and family visits....they are always special and nothing even quilting takes precedent...relationships are very important....9 patches look great...

Billye said...

I love your 9 patches! I'm looking for an easy pattern to make for my husband . . . for Christmas maybe a scrappy 9 patch is the answer!

Hugs,

Billye

Anonymous said...

I love your 9 patches.......

___________________
Melvin
We do your Marketing for best sales