Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Nice Day

Yesterday was a nice day. DH and I started out by going to the local quilt shop and visiting their $5.00 clearance. I had made another 20 9 patches the day before and found myself short of fabrics to make more and keep it scrappy enough. The picture that I took of my 9 patches was so horrible that I didn't add it to this post. My artfully stacked blocks could give anyone seeing the picture an excedrin headache. I got 12 half yard pieces of fabric and since each block takes one 2 1/2 inch strip, will have enough to add to more scrappy quilts as time goes on. I am not real discriminating, as Bonnie Hunter's saying about if it's ugly you didn't cut it small enough rings in my ears. A 2 inch finished patch is pretty small. We went from there to a near by mom and pop restaurant and I had a very nice coconut chicken salad (which I hadn't ever had before) and DH had their 4 cheese grilled cheese sandwich. We both enjoyed our dinners and then shared some strawberry cake for dessert.











From there we drove 100 miles to St Petersburg to a baseball game between the Rays and the Red Sox. I kept thinking that it's too bad Paula isn't here instead of me, as she is a huge Red Sox fan. The only problem would have been that she'd probably rather sit with her DH than mine. I know the Red Sox players and am fond of many of them, but at a game I mostly look at the people and squirm. My husband loves the game and the Red Sox are his team so it was worth it for him to be able to go. DH had tried to get tickets before the season started and was unable to get them, but I got an email from the ALS Association about tickets for the game so it was very emotional for me to go as my mother passed away from ALS. They had a brief ceremony before the game during which they read the speech that Lou Gehrig gave when he retired, and the first pitch was thrown by a gentleman who has ALS. We got home tired but happy at about midnight.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Your poor hubby! A red sox fan Oh well I guess they have to have a few fans. LOL

Luv your new fabbies!

Jeanne said...

Tigers fan here. We were at the game a couple of years ago when the Rays and Tigers played. It's a very nice place.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I agree with you Jeanne...

___________________
Melvin
We do your Marketing for best sales