Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve Day


Well, here it is (a deep subject) and New Year's Eve day. I was going to be busily working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery, or on my Shakespeare in the park, but instead, I am working on sorting and arranging my sewing closet and fabrics. I don't have a huge stash, so I have ordered fabrics from Thousands of Bolts for the mystery, and have had about all I can stand just like Popeye. My closet wasn't a thing of beauty but I also keep my Christmas things in it for the most part, and the tearing through for decorating was the last straw. The top picture is my scrappy scraps, and I'm not sure what I'll do about them. I have decided that I don't really 'like' scraps a whole bunch, but maybe some day I'll master the art of crumbs and strings.

On the bed is my more organized scraps (by color) and the little stack in the back is my bigger pieces. I'm hoping to make them look nice with the ruler folding techniques that I have been reading about on the groups.

Here is the back of my closet, which I have mentioned I have been tearing through for the holidays. I have quilts in progress or some that I have just set aside fabrics for in the organized looking part, and strips that I have cut in the shoebox size containers. On the bottom right is Christmas and Halloween fabrics. What you don't see is the empty shelves in front and to the left that held all the mess of fabrics before. I'm hoping to make a vast improvement.

The picture above is more of the same, plus my sewing machine tools and the cardboard box has my Shakespeare in the park fabric.
On a little lighter note, DH and I went to Target this morning and got some of the 75% off Christmas things and a few groceries (had to get Black eyed peas for New Years day). We got a 7 1/2 foot prelit tree for next year that was on sale for 32 dollars and change, and some pretty Christmas cards, too.
My DD would like us to go to a club with her where her fiance is working tonight, he handles the technical part of the sound system, but I don't know if I'll make it as if I don't take medicine for my restless leg syndrome, I will be pacing around, and if I do I may be dozing. She would like to have her father to dance with, so hopefully he will be up to making it for a little while.
We usually just stay home on New Year's Eve.
I'd like to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year. I think after this past year, most of us could use a little of that.

6 comments:

Julie said...

You are inspiring me! I drug everything out of my sewing studio that was in boxes/bags, etc, on the floor and now plan to get busy organizing. I need to stop talking about it and do it.

Marie said...

Happy New Year Candace, thanks for being the special friend that you are!Hugs. Marie

jenclair said...

Oh, doesn't the prospect of a new year makes us all want to clear the decks? I actually love the idea, but get frustrated during the process.

Happy New Year!

Susan in SC said...

I'm not one for tiny scraps of cloth either. I was going to do Bonnie's mystery quilt too and I still may but right now, I need to finish up what I have started! I hope you have a blessed New Year filled with love and happiness!

Kay said...

Happy New Year, Candace! It must feel excellent to be organized for the new year ahead.

Anonymous said...

I have had great success with taking iron pills for restless legs. it maay be caused by anemia.check it out