Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Sixteen Patches

I've always liked 16 patches, so yesterday when I started out with one plan for 4 patches, I ditched it and decided to do 16 patches instead.  I'm doing 3 kinds just to make it more fun.  This is one and I hope to make enough possibly for a queen sized bed.  I also would hope not to duplicate any fabrics.

Totally scrappy is type 2, and I have 25 of them made (made them yesterday).   I'm thinking probably a large lap quilt with these, in combination with another block.

These still need work obviously, but they will be 25 of the third kind.  All will be one fabric combined with white.  
These are some of the 16 patch block quilts that I've done.  They are quick and easy and I will have my little stockpile for things that come up.  I say that with not  a lot of faith that things will come up.  I've done many quilts for many people, many of whom could probably care less, and I'm about running out of people.  I know there are also comfort quilts, but I wonder how many of the recipients of those would be just as happy with cash, or something more like food, for instance.  I don't have a large stash, and I'm thinking maybe I should just use it up as much as possible, and see how I feel about it later.  It's all up in the air, and a mystery of me, which is ok as I am also probably the only reader of my blog, other that occasional passerby's.  

I think I still have enough 2 1/2 inch squares to work with.  I did these a few years ago when I was making my Throwing up Scraps (better known as Scrap Vomit)

1 comment:

Granny Anne said...

Well just to prove to you that someone else is reading your blog! I do admit that most times I just read what others are doing and rarely comment. I too have a blog but it is rare to have anyone comment anymore. That is okay though as it sure is fun to go back in time and read what I have done. Just lately, to get back into quilting, I started to make 16patch squares and made at least 12 tote bags. They in turn were used to house presents. These four patches have been sitting in containers over the last few years, (leaders and Enders), and I figured it was time to use them. Slowly but surely, the pile is lessening. So... long story short, yes, someone is reading what you put down and enjoying. Merry Christmas!