Monday, December 18, 2017

Dog, Sewing and Comparison Shopping

Our dog broke 4 toes crashing into something in the kitchen.  Her cast is in the Christmas spirit, but it's a waste as I keep it covered with a stocking all the time.  

She is in the Christmas spirit, also.  As soon as I put up the tree she plopped onto the tree skirt.  I guess she thought it was there for her comfort.

Every time I think I'm finished with sewing until after Christmas, I think of something else to do.  These are pillowcases for a grandson and his girlfriend.

I'm also gearing up to hang my mini quilts and am thinking of my dining room.  I thought 2 little ones above the china cabinet would be nice and I remembered that I have some of the little bonus half square triangles, so I whipped up this one after I finished the pillowcases.  It definitely qualifies for the galloping horse scenario.  Nobody in our family is tall enough to be able to see comfortably over the china cabinet, so it should be ok.

This is more the size I had in mind, tiny, but it should be ok.  


I make the pressing spray that uses the cheap vodka and I had run out so have been trying to find some liquid starch.  I had Amazon as a last resort, but decided to try Walmart first (hence the pillowcase material).  Sometimes Amazon has great prices, but sometimes not so much.  I got the exact same starch today for a little under $3.00, and as you can see over 11 dollars was about the best at Amazon.  In case anyone wants the recipe, it's 2 cups distilled water, 1/3 cup liquid starch, 2 ounces vodka, and  6 - 12 drops essential oil, then just shake.  

2 comments:

Quilty Constance said...

Where do you get liquid starch? I don't think I have ever seen that anywhere... Inquiring minds want to know.

Candace said...

Hi Quilty Constance, I sent an email, but in case you didn't get it, Amazon has it, but I got it at Walmart, it was quite a bit cheaper there. I think I got the last bottle at our Walmart.