Thursday, March 28, 2013

Craftsy Re-Piecing the Past-Lesson 6

Since I don't know when our friends are visiting, I decided to get a head start on April.   I can do this series and the Craftsy BOM 2012 series ahead of time, so this was my choice.  Not my finest hour, I cut off some points and I just can't seem to get the hang of not ironing as I go, which is what the instructor recommends.  Maybe, you can't teach an old dog new tricks, lol. 

Southern Pride Block

Union Pride Block

Rally Round the Flag Block

It was fun adding them to my mock-up.  Next lesson is the house on the bottom right, which I'm looking forward to.  Only 3 more blocks and then it's on to the sashings.  I don't know if I'll go strickly with how Kaye England, the instructor did it, or branch out a bit.   I also got the back and binding done for my Throwing Up Scraps (Scrap Vomit), so I'm hoping to get it basted and quilted soon.  It's even more of a monster than my Easy Street, about 108 by 108.  I guess I'd better get ready for a backache. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Who cares about a few snipped off points when the blocks are as cheerful as that! I love the idea of adding them to the mock up too. I really like the sashing ideas but look forward to seeing what you decide.