Thursday, March 21, 2013

Back to Basting

It's huge.  I had to make a day of it, the first thing I discovered was I had made the back too small.

One down and 3 to go.  I have 2 large lap sized quilts and another giant one even bigger than this.  I haven't decided yet whether to have a basting orgy and get all 4 done, or to get this one quilted first.  If so, I can do the label on my scrappy lattice, wash it, and have it ready for my friends.  I think I just talked myself into plan B.   I'm supposed to get 2 king sized flannel sheet sets tomorrow that I ordered from ShopNbc.  Quite a deal, nice heavy 100% cotton flannel for about 39 dollars and change including shipping for a whole king sized set, which means yards and yards of fabric. 

3 comments:

Aussie Nanna said...

Hi Candace
Have been looking at all your recent work and as usual you never cease to amaze me!
Nice to be back in blogland again
Vanessa (formerly flutterby angel)

Amanda said...

Wow, that is large. Isn't it infuriating when you get everything set up and you're ready to get on with a job to find that you need to sort something else out first. Lots of luck with quilting it.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

I did spray basting for the first time earlier this month on my working wall; roll roll cotton boll in a 4X5 block setting, so not full size, more like a twin.
It took longer than it should have :) because I piece my backs too, so try to have thing line up reasonably well.

I'll try it again next time, sure saves on the knees on the kitchen floor syndrome :)

As soon as I'm more recovered from lung cancer surgery I'll fire up the Janome for some machine quilting, looking forward to it.

As always, your quilts are great!
What do people do that don't quilt?
Sharyn in Kalama