Thursday, September 6, 2012


It was taking forever to cut out the 2 1/2 inch squares for my 72 blocks that I plan to use to make a queen sized granny square quilt.  OOps, I think I need 936 colored ones and I miscalculated and did 2499 colored ones.  I also cut 864 white squares.  I didn't have enough of the fabric I started with so I had to improvise.  I still need fabric for the sashing and cornerstones, but think that I may use a small print with a white background since they aren't going to match anyway.   I figure it's ok, if I run short of squares I'll cut more from something, and if I have too many I'll use them on something else. 

Hancock's of Paducah has been doing better about complete orders on their clearance, but this time I only got 2 out of 4.  I had ordered two possibles for the borders on my Holland quilt, but only got the two on the right.  The Holland looking fabric will be for the large border and the pretty gold and blue fabric will be for the small border.  I may add another even smaller plain border to kind of quiet things down a bit.   Next project though will be to do step 4 of the Quilt of Valor Mystery Quilt-A-Long.  It shouldn't take too long and then it's on to doing the borders on the Holland quilt.  I'm hoping to finish it in the next few days, I'm anxious to give it to them and to see the baby.

No comments: