Saturday, September 22, 2012

Craftsy BOM March

I really like this block, but I still don't like making string blocks.  I think I've given it the good old college try, but I just can't make myself enjoy making them.  I do love string block quilts though.  
This block also fits in with Soscrappy's pumpkin color for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
You can see more orange here.
This block didn't turn out so well.  I know that I'll lost at least one point, but I just don't enjoy making them, so it'll have to be good enough.   Wish I did though, cause I sure do like how string blocks look.  They appeal to my scrappy nature. 
I'm making these along with Amanda of Amanda's Musings and she has finished at least January and February.   Her blog is here and Crafty BOM is here.

5 comments:

Amy said...

OH CANDACE!!!!!!!!! My THREE favorite colors together in one post.
That little touch of purple with the orange...oh girl. LOVED seeing the glimpse of that as a teaser from my blog roll. And the to see the purple star with green strings; IMAGINE a quilt with those two blocks alternating. BEE-U-Tiful.

Angie said...

Your purple and orange string blocks look wonderful - great color combo! Just curious about what you don't like about string piecing?

Amanda said...

What great colours Candace, orange and purple, purple and green, you can't beat them for vibrancy and life. I'll be having a go at them tomorrow.

Sheila said...

I tried to leave a comment a few days ago, but blogger would not cooperate.
LOVE your orange string blocks. Other blocks, too. Beautiful fabrics and colors.

scraphappy said...

I feel the same way about string blocks, but I am giving it a good try.