Friday, February 3, 2012

Flimsy's Complete and Another Project

The third of the 3 I've been working on is a complete flimsy now.  I ordered the border fabric from Hancock's of Paducah and I'm very pleased with it.  It's blackberries.  Now on to working on the backings, etc. 

Yesterday we went to the local quilt shop and visited their $5.00 table.  I love the bargain areas.  On the top left is a fabric that I just liked for me, but the other four I thought would make a nice big girl quilt for my great granddaughter, Mackenzie.  She turned two in December, and really doesn't have her big girl bed yet, but she and her mom and dad are going overseas for 3 years, so I figured I could make it and send it with them.  Where they are going it can be fairly cold and I thought I'd use fleece on the back.  Has anyone quilted a quilt with a batting and fleece?  How did you like how it turned out?   Unless I find a different pattern that I want to try, I may make this another leader ender quilt and fussy cut the blocks on the top right to use for the alternate block centers.
Mackenzie got her bangs cut and I think she looks even more adorable.  She's a cutie if I do say so myself.  She has one of those little faces that just make you feel happy to gaze at.

3 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Love that scrap quilt - you can't beay a scrap quilt and the border fabric is perfect. The fabric for your little munchkin is wonderful!

Michele said...

She is a cutie :-) I haven't used fleece as backing, but I've used flannel and also minkee, and I've been pleased with both.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cutie! The blackberries fabric really look great on your quilt! I've never used fleece as a backing, so it will be interesting to see what others say.
Quilting by the River