Monday, January 10, 2011

Backs Ready for 2 Quilts

Flannel backs seemed right for these 2 quilts (Tina's and Michelle's) as they both live where the winter's get cold. A while back Penney's had a sale (don't they always) and I got a good deal on a set of twin sized flannel sheets. They feel very nice and soft, so the quilts should be comfy. The quilts should finish at 62 inches by 78 inches and I got a back from the top sheet and made a pieced back from the fitted sheet, and I still have the pillowcase for something else. I love it when I feel like I got a bargain.

















The colors are off in this picture, they are more like the picture above.













Now, I'm anxious to get basting and quilting, but alas, my DD is on her honeymoon, a cruise, and they are coming back Saturday and my DGDIL and I are having a reception, welcome home dinner for them on Sunday. I think I need to put the quilts aside and work on the dinner. The day my DD and her new husband left for their trip her youngest woke up with the flu (or at least flu symptoms). DGS and DGDIL and my great grandbaby are staying with the youngest while his mama is gone and now this morning DGS woke up with the flu. Oh oh, I hope it doesn't go any farther. I am kind of wondering if we will have to postpone our dinner, hope not.
Tina does genealogy, that is why the thank you quilt, she was able to go back farther in DH's family than anyone else had gotten, and Michelle is a teacher. I thought the wheat and the apple were appropriate.

11 comments:

Susan said...

Isn't it nice when a bargain really works out for you.............

Amanda said...

I made a quilt with a flannel back for my SIL's birthday last year and she loves it, so I might try another. It sounds as if you got a great bargain with the sheets. One of the things I love about my new embroidery machine is the labels I can make, they really look good and are so much easier to do than hand stitching them.

Louise said...

The flannel looks so warm & cozy! I'll have to keep that in mind.

Amy said...

Oh Candace----lovely backings and amazing labeling! What machine do you have that does the embroidery?

Anita said...

Candace,

I really like Tina's quilt and the backing. You've really been doing so very nice quilts. I'm still plugging along on Bonnie's RRCB. I like how it is turning out. I'll have to post some pictures soon.

Anita

Linda said...

Oh, great idea...I might try that too. I hope everyone gets well and your dinner goes off great. Congrats to the happy couple.

Linda said...

Oh, great idea...I might try that too. I hope everyone gets well and your dinner goes off great. Congrats to the happy couple.

Tina Sansone said...

Oh, I can't believe I am getting such a beautiful quilt. Just Love it. And the flannel will be so warm. So very excited! Love it...Tina

Michele said...

I love to use flannel backs on my quilts when I can.....it makes them so warm :) Sorry to hear about the flu going around your family.....that's no fun at all. I hope the reception can go as planned....keep us up to date when you can :)

scraphappy said...

I have fallen in love with flannel backs. My last three quilts have used it and they are oh so soft and cuddly. Love the piecing and embroidery that you did, such a nice personal touch.

Micki said...

The flannel is wonderful, and I will have to try it. It must be so comfy!
Micki