Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tea Things Tuesday

Today is my first time participating in Tea Things Tuesday. My MIL collected teacups and I admired hers when I was first married. It was probably 8 or 9 years later before I got my first one, although we bought her several for gifts. One of the first that I got, and still my favorite is the Spode Shima pattern. I believe that the pattern was discontinued about 1985. Here in Orlando, Fl. there was a big old warehouse type building that sold various china, crystal, etc. and they had this one cup and saucer. I went back 2 or 3 times before I succumbed and purchased it, and I've never been sorry, as I said it is still my favorite. I have others that are probably prettier, but there is something about this pattern that really appeals to me. The little crystal sugar bowl on the right is one that I got at the Waterford outlet. My mother gave me the little silverplate spoon, and she has since passed away, so it is also a treasure to me. If you visit Kim at Shabby, Pink and Pretty you will be able to visit the other participants for Tea Things Tuesday.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Candace,

I'm so glad to have you join me for "Tea Things Tuesday". Your teacup is just lovely and I can see why you love it so much. The colors are so rich and vibrant.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend and that your week is going well so far.

Will look forward to seeing what you have to share next time.

Take care...

Kim

Mary said...

Hi Candace. That is a very beautiful teacup...I don't think I've seen one so unique and elegant. The crystal bowl is perfect for sugar and honey. I have some sugar bowls and creamers that match teapots, but I always prefer using my crystal or cut glass. And your little spoon is truly a treasure. I don't have anything from my mother, but I have made sure I have enough china and silver to leave my 3 granddaughters well endowed and ready for tea! God bless!

Mary

Nanette said...

Hi Candace,
Your teacup is beautiful as are all of your tea things. Love the stories behind them!
Valerie