Friday, September 4, 2009

More Shopping

Here's my finished bindings, they look much neater now than draped all over my sewing room like icicles hanging down. I got this cute little container at Office Depot a couple of months ago just because it was cute, and it holds all my bindings perfectly. Hopefully not for long though, as they need to be on my kids quilts in progress.










Robin's Egg Blue and Candy Pink arrived yesterday from Fabric Depot and they are pretty in person, too. I just hope that the blue is boyish enough. I got 5 yards of each so that I will have leftovers after I use it for sashings on my boy and girl Nine Patches.










I was looking for fabrics for hostess presents for a trip that has now been cancelled when I saw these Christmas Stockings and fabrics at Connecting Threads. I thought that the stockings were very cute and aspire to make some for gifts (hopefully, for this year, but I make no promises). The new fabrics are only on the bottom row and the thread is just to keep the fabric from falling down. The top row, I already had.










Lazy Girl Fabric Pouches were what I finally came up with for hostess gifts, and I got a fat quarter bundle, again from Connecting Threads.










This entire box is the bundle, and the little zipper pulls are made from horn. Our trip has been cancelled for now, but maybe in the spring we will go, so I still plan to make the pouches. The fat quarters were on clearance, too. I always love a bargain, but my fathers advice comes back to me, that you can go broke saving money.
Yesterday was a run around day. I got a haircut, DH went to the opthomologist, and we had our favorite handyman come to fix the toilet, which has been running. My husband had tried to fix it by replacing a part, but the tank needed to be taken off for this particular fix. In the process, a 20 year old plastic piece fell apart and Mr. handyman is coming back this morning. It is funny how we get spoiled. I grew up with a one bathroom house and a family of five and we managed. Now I am used to my own bathroom and sharing one with DH seems like a sacrifice. Our house is small, and our bathrooms are small, but it is a luxury to have the two, which I have quickly become accustomed to. It makes me a little ashamed though to be so spoiled.
For you who celebrate the holiday, have a good and safe one. Everyone else, have a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! Lots of eye candy! I love your father's advice. I try to soothe myself and justify that by spending so much at Goodwill, that I am helping others, while getting goodies for me! It works! What can I say?

Oh, those darn toilets! What can I say, being a proud new owner of one about a month ago, and yes, we are spoiled....I'd rather say, BLESSED.

You have a WONDERFUL weekend, AND Holiday.
be blessed,
Michelle

Amanda said...

You've bought some lovely fabric there Candace, and I really like your father's advice too. Have fun with your sewing.

Marie said...

I am laughing about sharing the room as we call it. I do not like toshare it either.Your fabric choices are really nice. I love the christmas ones and the little pattern looks great, sorry your not going on your trip bur I am sure you can still use the stockings for your friends too. WE are leaving in a few days for Calif. to visit Lorie and the boys and I can't wait to spend quality time with her. Will chat when we get back. Many hugs, Marie