Sunday, March 10, 2013

Last Orange? Also, Learned Something New!

It's getting harder to find enough orange to go around.

Maybe, this is part of the reason.  First, I made my 9 patches too big.  I wasn't thinking and since I usually use 2 1/2 inch squares, I just automatically did it again, and didn't realize (how did I miss it) until I actually finished one.   Then to make sure that I fixed it 'good' I got in my mind 4 blocks instead of 3 and made an extra 2 nine patch blocks the correct size.  Duh.  Oh well, I have some extra blocks for a back or something.

I did do ok on my 16 patch blocks though.  They do use 2 1/2 inch blocks.  Now, I'm itching to do the pink and the purple kaleidoscope blocks and to finish some quilts.  Hope all is ok around here and I can get to some of it.
On the Craftsy BOM 2013 some people had used the coloring page and did a mock up of their quilt.  I decided to try it, although I had no idea how until I saw instructions by KarenFSP, "I used Windows Paint. In my computer Paint is located under the Accessories menu under All Programs. I opened the Jan. block in Paint, highlighted the block, right-clicked to open the menu so I could copy the block. Then I opened the layout in Paint and pasted the block onto the layout. I drug the block to the space it belonged, resized it to fit the space, and rotated it to lay the way I wanted. I then pasted the remaining January blocks and did the same with them. I saved the new layout and proceeded using the same method to copy and paste the February and March blocks onto the layout. Hope this works for you!"   I never used Paint before, and was quite proud of myself.  Neat, huh.
Since I can't ever do anything in moderation, I also did one for the Craftsy Repiecing the Past.  

1 comment:

Julierose said...

Gosh, Candace, you seem to have done some of the same stuff I did (ROTFLOL) with my broken dishes!! I do love your 16 patch blocks--with those cute pumpkin faces peering out! Julierose