Friday, August 9, 2013

Gators and Dowrys

I started it Monday and I finished today, Friday.   It's an easy quilt, but still not too bad.   Sorry, it's upside down.  It's big, almost twin size.  I tried some new batting that I got half price at Joanns, plus 25% off.   $30.00 batting for a little over $11.00, not bad.  It is Pellon brand cotton batting and I really liked it.  It's very flat, and very uniform and sturdy.  I'm wondering if it will fluff a bit when it's washed. 

I used the leftover fabric on the back, so it's almost reversible. 

Four blocks down, and probably a fifth one done tomorrow.  These go quick, since I'm using leftover bonus HSTs.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a colourful quilt, and you put it together so quickly. One of the things that limits the number of quilts that I make is the cost. Fabric and wadding is so expensive in the UK.