Monday, July 1, 2013

More Medical for Husband Little Sewing


Not much sewing going on around here, what with husband, Ernie's, skin cancer surgery last Monday.  Today is more surgery, this time on his lip, so it is going to be another hard day, but hopefully not like last Monday.  The doctor said he had one like that (had to go in 5 times, took almost 10.5 hours) about once a year, or one out of about 600. so hopefully this one will be a 1 timer.   I have cut out the ornaments for my Deck-ade the Halls, and there were many, many corner squares to mark.  I always have just put my ruler down, it slips, I straighten it, and it slips again.  Today, I discovered something that probably everyone knows but me.  I put it down on my mat on the 45 degree line and it was a one time effort each time.   Who says an old dog can't learn new tricks, or another saying, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.  That's one of my favorite rulers, by the way.  I use it constantly, probably for every project.  
 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Poor you, it must have been a worrying Monday; and more to come. Ernie must be feeling exhausted too. I'm not surprised that you haven't done much sewing, though I'm sure you're trying to find a bit of time as it is so good at taking your mind off other things.

Have you tried putting your fabric on a piece of fine sandpaper when you're marking line? I use that all the time and it never slips.