Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's Picking Up

The sewing front has picked up a little.  This is the July Craftsy 2013 BOM.  It's a big block, 17 1/2 by 18 1/2 inches.  I think that this may be the center pattern for a baby quilt for my newest great-grandbaby due in October.  It would be cute in little girly baby fabrics, I think.  Maybe some bow ties around it as a start. 

The year is over half finished, and projects are starting to come together.  Hope this one turns out well, some of my color choices are a bit odd, but I wanted quilts that looked different from each other colorwise, too. 

I have the initial cutting done for 5 or 6 blocks, and then July BOM's will be pretty much finished.   I'd like to do a dresser top cover for the other dresser in our room as part of the RSC for July, but don't know if I'll get time.  We have out of state company due and even though at this point they aren't staying with us, I hope to get to be included in some of the festivities.  It's my niece and her 8 children.  They range from almost 2 to going into the second year of college.  Quite a family. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The tumbling blocks pattern looks so good when you get the values right doesn't it, and you have. I really like the look of how the quilt is coming together too. Enjoy your family visit.