Thursday, August 30, 2012

Holland Quilt and Quilt of Valor Mystery Quilt-A-Long

Step 3 of Alycia Quilts, Quilt of Valor Mystery Quilt-a-Long , I can see that there will probably be some chopped off points.  Oh well, hopefully not too bad.  I'm anxious for step 4 next week.  These blocks are only 5 inches, a new low for me, lol (except when I'm working on Bonnie quilts).
I used 42-2 1/2" strips and 42-2 1/2 by 2 1/2" squares.  It turned out about 60 x 60 inches and I didn't want to make it that size so I cut off 5 inches from each side and added it to the ends.   Now to wait for the border fabric that I ordered.  Meanwhile, I'll work on the embroideries.  Hope they like eclectic scrappy.  

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

Adorable stars. They look just adorable. 5 inches makes them even cuter.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love your stars!! The center fabric is cool!!