Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July and Shopping

Happy Fourth of July
I ordered these fabrics from Connecting Threads to make the light stars on the Star Struck (From Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville) that I am planning.  I decided first to cut a few from my scraps and I couldn't believe it, especially after having used mostly just my scraps for my Scrappy Lattice, but I got all that I needed from my scraps.  I guess I'll have to save these for something else.

Then I decided to cut my darks going first to the scraps, and I had more than enough of that, too.  I have some sale fabric from Hancock's of Paducah coming that I will use for the small triangles so those won't be scrappy. 

Today I got up early and went to a quilt store in the Orlando area, Sewing Studio in Maitland, and took advantage of their 40% off everything sale.  I didn't know that I would be standing in lines for about two hours, but I did save some money on these.   I went straight to the 50% off area and these were all from there.  It started out over $200.00 then I got the 50% off, then they took off the 40% and it ended up at $61.00 including tax.  I think that I got about 19 yards.  Not bad.  I decided that if I get time I'll use the pinks to make pillowcases for the 3 little girls that I made July quilts for.   I think that they use the previous pillowcases that I made for them all the time, so I think it'll be nice for them to have a change.   I hope that all who celebrate it had or have a great Fourth, and that everyone else has a great day.

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

I am sure you will put those light fabrics to good use in another quilt, so glad you were able to get so much use out of your scraps that you didn't need them. So many fun new fabrics! Glad you got such a good deal.