Thursday, June 21, 2012

New Quilt Started

I was all happy to have finished my 'year round' quilt for our bed, my Sunrise Sunset and then DH made a remark about orange and Halloween and kind of spoiled it for me.  Anyway, I decided that that will be our Fall quilt and I have started a new year round quilt.  It happened that about that same time I saw a tutorial on MaDan's Quilting for a 5" Charms Scrappy and I liked the cozy country look of it.  Here are 9 of my first 10 blocks, only 100 left to go.  I plan to make it 100 by 110 inches with no borders and since the blocks finish at 10" that means 110 of them.   I had some nickel squares from a swap that I took part in about 10 years ago and the muslin is some that was left from a bolt that I bought about 25 years ago.  I also have 2 charm packs that I bought about 3 or 4 years ago and some 'brand new' fabric that I have had for a few months.  I'll need 440 5 inch squares so when I run out of what I have already mentioned I'll go to my scraps.  It'll be nice to have a new quilt and use up some older fabrics, too. 

No comments: