Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fllimsy Amy's BOM 2010

I'm on track to keep up with my goal of at least 1 finish a month.  My version of Amy's BOM 2010 January thru May is now a flimsy.  It should finish up about 58 x 86, so it will be a generous sized lap quilt, no cold toes or ears.

DH and I had gone through my little stash and found a fabric for the border, but I just couldn't get happy about it.  Yesterday we went to our local quilt shop and the cupboards were almost bare, they had taken half the store to a quilt expo show.  However, they did have 1 fabric that had the colors I was looking for and big fish, too.  I wasn't too crazy at first about the big fish, but now they have grown on me.   This quilt doesn't have any destination, but I'm sure that something will come up, or maybe it will be for me.   That's what I think about all my quilts until something or someone comes up. 


Happy St. Patrick's Day
This is the day of the year when my 1/16th Irish comes to the forefront and likes to brag, lol.
Irish Soda Bread for breakfast. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Candace~
I am mostly Irish...so Happy Saint Patrick's Day!~ I LOVE Saint Patrick and what he did for the Name of Christ in Ireland! Who knows...maybe I'm a Christian because of his testimony to my family years ago!

Your Amy quilt has taken my breath away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the border and it sets it off just wonderfully! I also have to say that the fish are a bonus to the quilt. It is the colors that are so perfect and striking, and then you realize there are large fish, and just so beautiful~ What a great job~

Michele said...

Your quilt is beautiful :-) the border is amazing :-) I can see how you may not have been a fan of the fish at first, especially if that's not what you had in mind, but I think it looks great :-)

Susan said...

I thought you had picked the fabric for the blocks from the border when I saw the first picture.

It is going to bring joy to the lucky recipient..........

Amanda said...

What a stunning looking quilt top, and the border fabric was just made for it. How lucky you were to find it. Now the big job though, layering and quilting. Will you quilt it yourself?

Perry said...

Love the colors in this quilt! beautiful!

Anita said...

Candace the quilt is lovely. I especially like the blue fish in the border. You did better than I did with Amy's block of the month.
I have new toys for the longarm coming next week so maybe I'll get more motivated to get some things done. It's time for winter to be over.

Julie said...

My grandfather was "a redheaded Irishman" so I am qualified too. The rest seem to be English. But everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day!! Anyway, I love that quilt.

Quilting By Celia said...

Your quilt is nice and the border very original.

Linda said...

Wow, this is beautiful! The colors are just fantastic! I love it. You did a wonderful job on this one.

Anonymous said...

Hello Candace, the border fabric, brings out the colours of the blocks, lovely quilt, the blocks I made for Amy's BOM are waiting to be pieced....Hugs Lyn

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job! Way to go!

Amy said...

Oh gosh Candace---I don't know how I missed this post!
I LOVE LOVE the border fabric you found. And overall----your colors......WOW! Just beautiful!

"Iridescence" is the word that comes to mind with the use of that sashing.