Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Few Little Things

My goodness, I can't believe it's been a month since my last post, bad bad blogger. I was going to blame it on my grandson and his visit, but he was only here for a week, so I guess that pops my balloon. The first picture is of him and his girlfriend and her children, they are quite a nice little family, and it was fun having them here. He's from Florida, but she is from Pennsylvania, and this was only her second trip out of state. She liked her visit well enough to consider moving here with him later this year. The children are my first little things, Ethan is 3 and Savanna is 2, and they were quite fun to go be tourists with. We went to Sea World and Old Town with them and it was fun to be around such little ones.
The next little thing is my new netbook, an Asus 1000he, it's just 10.2 inches and the battery lasts up to 9 hours. I think that it will be nice to take places and just to drag around the house. I will need my glasses, but I need them for books and labels and everything anyway, so that won't be any problem getting used to. It only weighs 3 pounds and will fit in a pocketbook (unless you carry little ones).


Here's my little Featherweight with the little pincushion that I won from A Redneck Dingbat Quilter. She had a fun word game on her blog, and I was fortunate enough to solve it. The pincushion is adorable, and just the right size for my machine.




I got this small wallet to hold my new carry in my purse camera. I have a camera, but it is so large that I find I either don't take it with me or get it out when things are going on and I got this one to have with me and ready to take pictures when they present themselves. No excuses now.
I'm still gearing up to quilt my little girl quilts, I just keep procrastinating. One of these days I'll have pictures of finished quilts.

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Candace,
Lovely photo of your grandson, his girlfriend and her kids. It's fun to have little ones around the house. Sometimes I wished mine were still at 2 or 3 yrs. old. They grow up too quickly.

Congrats on your new techy gadgets. :-) I like the Featherweight too.

Lurline said...

Oh, it's so nice to have you back blogging, Candace - I know you have many fans like me who enjoy your chats so much - a lovely newsy Post keeping us up to date!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Gina said...

Welsome back, I've missed you.

Love the family photo.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Julie said...

It is a lovely little family. It is good to have you back with us!

Margo in Maine said...

great photos....Family is so important and special......... loved all the other items...of course, featherweight is special...that is what I used for quite awhile quilting until I got my Janome.....Maine

Teresa said...

Oh how lucky you are to have that new computer - is that what they call a "notebook". And it holds a charge for 9 hours - how cool is that!!

Looks like you just have been having way too much fun with a new pc and camera and fabric. WTG!